Lots of times people reach out to me wanting advice or help getting to their next opportunity, usually for work. I then ask them to respond to the following:
1. If you are a Christian, what is God telling you? How is that being confirmed in prayer and in your Scripture reading?
2. What are your advisers / wise counsel / your spouse / the people you trust / saying to you?
3. Have you enlisted a few people close to you to pray for this transition? When I've gone through these transitions, I have cried out as the Psalmist:
4. What are the top 3 companies you'd like to work for?
I'm a big fan of aiming for what you want vs what's available. In my experience, what's listed publicly and what's available are often different, and smart companies do what they can to get the right people on the bus.
5. Do you have any restrictions around where you're willing to move, or what seniority level you're after?
6. Is there anyone in my network in particular where an introduction would help? If so, I'll consider how well I know them and if an intro is appropriate.
These details will help me help you! So if you want my help, please let me know your response to these as the best step forward.
And many blessings in your search, may God grow your faith through it.